The Minister of Aviation Hadi Sirika has announced that the Federal Government will be suspending the planned national carrier for the country, Nigeria Air.
He announced this on his Twitter handle.
“I regret to announce that the Federal Executive Council has taken the tough decision to suspend the National Carrier Project in the interim. All commitments due will be honoured. We thank the public for the support as always.”
Nigeria Air was planned to start operations in December 2018.
Before I proceed to discuss how religion can be used as the greatest force for good in nation-building, here are a few points to note about religion;
- Religion and state matters periodically are in friction with one another.
- Multi-religiosity equally creates tension in many states.
- Fanaticism is also a cause of religious tension.
- All religion when assessed closely promote love and tolerance for another.
- They largely preach the same universality of God and His unique personality to do good.
- Religious views and opinions are prone/susceptible to abuse.